Key Performance Areas
|Overall Purpose of the Job:|
(State briefly why the job exists)
|To provide support to the Region Accountants in the delivery of accurate and timely accounting of all financial transactions in the Region and the production of timely reports for use within the Region and by Group Finance.|
(Describe the important end results of the job, i.e., what has to be achieved and why. Start with the most important and number each one separately))
|1.||Accurate preparation of monthly accounts for designated countries.|
· Ensure income and costs are recorded correctly by country, cost code and contract. Adjust the books as necessary.
· Accrue and defer income and costs as appropriate.
· Ensure relevant interbases are made between countries, contracts and regions as appropriate.
· Reconcile personnel income and costs to ensure correctly matched.
· Ensure mobilisation fees are correctly invoiced in line with the contract, income booked correctly and mobilisation costs accrued.
All of the above to be achieved within Group Deadlines.
|2.||Production of month end journals relating to in-country bank and petty cash sheets.|
|3.||Processing month end journals.|
|4.||Reconciliation of various balance sheet codes within Group finance guidelines and timetable.|
|5.||Preparation of analysis as required.|
(Show job titles and under c), indicate briefly the purpose of each job))
|a) Immediate Supervisor(s)||Line:||Region Financial Accountant|
|Function:||Region Finance Manager|
|b) Other jobs reporting to the same supervisor:||Accounts receivable|
|c) Immediate Subordinates:||None|
(Record any significant quantities on which job has some effect, e.g. budget or turnover, records processed, employees supervised. Where appropriate, express annual figures and indicate the year to which they relate.
|By assisting to produce accurate and timely accounts, this position can help to maintain internal controls and contribute towards statutory reporting and management information. This will influence profitability of a Region with a turnover of approx. £63m and is expected to make a contribution of £17m in the current financial year.|
|Job Context and Main Activities:|
(Outline the context in which the job operates and record the types of activity involved in achieving principal accountabilities:
|Use of Oracle Financials – running reports / posting journals.|
Producing spreadsheets for reconciliation and analysis.
Use of RMS system.
Close working with the transactional processing group and in-country staff to determine the nature of costs incurred.
|Decision making Authority/Level of Supervision Required:|
|Minimal supervision required. Authority as delegated by the Region Accountants.|
(Who are the job holder’s most important contacts and for what purpose? Consider both external and internal contacts, excluding immediate supervisor and subordinates, but including personnel at other locations , if appropriate)
|1. Remote location finance personnel.|
2. Region / Area / Location Managers.
3. Other Finance Team clerks.
4. Location Group Support Supervisors.
5. Compliance and Management Accountants.
6. Group Finance in Reading.
(Identify the most complex or demanding aspects of the job)
|1. Keeping on top of all the reconciliations and not letting them get in a mess.|
2. Working quickly and accurately to tight month end deadlines.
|Job Knowledge and Experience:|
(Indicate only the essential background qualifications, education, skills and aptitudes, specialist training and experience necessary to perform the job competently)
|1. Experience of working in similar environment (e.g. Financial Accounting team).|
2. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
3. Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organisation and in all countries where we operate.
4. Professional/academic qualifications or desire to study.
5. Knowledge or ability to learn Oracle financials and other systems used by Expro.
|Job Type||Feature description|
|Working Experience||2 years’ experience|
|Qualification||Membership of a Professional body will be an advantage|
© Creative Bibini Ltd, 2019 All Rights Reserved