|PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Describe the important end results of the job, i.e. what has to be achieved and why. Start with the most important and number each one separately.)|
1) Establish specific HR objectives for self and country management to ensure Group/Region HR policy/procedures and standards are met.
2) Analyze the country’s HR needs to establish priorities and identify key issues and work with Managers as customers to develop a plan to resolve/minimize problems, thereby reducing risk.
3) Where Group Policy is impractical for legal/cultural reasons, get country management approval to make recommendations to Region HR with justification.
4) Recommend new HR policy to country HR if not covered by Region or Group, ensuring tax advice taken and either market or legal justification evident.
5) Ensure line management is training/briefed on HR policies for country and that they are implemented consistently. Run Corporate HR training courses on Appraisal and Recruitment.
6) Ensure that the local needs of Expat staff are catered to and ensure understanding of Expat policies.
7) Develop comprehensive salary and benefits policies for local nationals so the right people can be recruited, developed, and retained.
8) Coordinate annual merit review in line with Corporate needs.
9) Coordinate country manpower plan so that the country will develop in number and quality of personnel to ensure achievement of country’s short and long-term objectives.
10) Coordinate management training within the country and ensure adequately evaluated.
11) Appraisal and training needs analyses for performance rating and training plan purposes.
12) Work with country manager to develop country succession plan.
13) Source and interview candidates (where appropriate) to recruit the most suitable candidate both in terms of immediate requirement and future potential.
14) Development, coordination, and updating of Employee Handbook.
15) Development and maintenance of the Manual for country Managers/Supervisors.
16) Advise and assist re disciplinary/grievance issues.
18) Preparation and development of monthly performance indicators and provision of monthly report to Corporate.
19) HR staff training.
20) Ad hoc projects.