Key Performance Areas
|OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB (State briefly why the job exists.)|
To develop, manage, and maintain area HR processes and procedures in accordance with Region HR policy and standards when appropriate. To provide HR operational support to line management within the Area.
|PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Describe the important end results of the job, i.e. what has to be achieved and why. Start with the most important and number each one separately.)|
1) Establish specific HR objectives for self and Area management to ensure Group/Region HR policy/procedures and standards are met.
2) Analyze the Area’s HR needs to establish priorities and identify key issues and work with Managers as customers to develop a plan to resolve/minimize problems, thereby reducing risk.
3) Where Group Policy is impractical for legal/cultural reasons, get Area management approval to make recommendations to Region HR with justification.
4) Recommend new HR policy to Area HR if not covered by Region or Group, ensuring tax advice taken and either market or legal justification evident.
5) Ensure line management is training/briefed on HR policies for Area and that they are implemented consistently. Run Corporate HR training courses on Appraisal and Recruitment.
6) Ensure that the local needs of Expat staff are catered to and ensure understanding of Expat policies.
7) Develop comprehensive salary and benefits policies for local nationals so the right people can be recruited, developed, and retained.
8) Coordinate annual merit review in line with Corporate needs.
9) Coordinate Area manpower plan so that the Area will develop in number and quality of personnel to ensure achievement of Area’s short and long-term objectives.
10) Coordinate management training within the Area and ensure adequately evaluated.
11) Appraisal and training needs analyses for performance rating and training plan purposes.
12) Work with Area manager to develop Area succession plan.
13) Source and interview candidates (where appropriate) to recruit the most suitable candidate both in terms of immediate requirement and future potential.
14) Development, coordination, and updating of Employee Handbook.
15) Development and maintenance of the Manual for Area Managers/Supervisors.
16) Advise and assist re disciplinary/grievance issues.
18) Preparation and development of monthly performance indicators and provision of monthly report to Corporate.
19) HR staff training.
20) Ad hoc projects.
|ORGANISATION Show job titles, and under (c) indicate briefly the purpose of each job.|
|DIMENSIONS Record any significant quantities on which the job has some effect, e.g. budget or turnover, records processed, employees supervised. Where appropriate, express annual figures and indicate the year to which they relate.|
|JOB CONTEXT AND MAIN ACTIVITIES Outline the context in which the job operates, and record the types of activity involved in achieving principal accountabilities.|
Jobholder works closely with senior region management to determine the priorities within the Area ensuring HR strategy linked with business strategy. Policies may be needed at Area level not covered by Corporate, and these need to be developed for Corporate approval. Procedures and guidelines within Group policy also need to be developed covering Recruitment, Training, Rewards, etc. These are presented to Area management for approval. Communication and dissemination of HR policies and procedures within the Area and ensure understanding and implementation. Provide support and guidance within legal framework to Area management.
|DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY/LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED|
Jobholder takes the decisions re the running of the HR Department. Job holder recommends specific
Regional policy. Jobholder works within Region and Corporate HR guidelines. Broad goals and objectives are
Agreed between the Area Manager and Region HR Manager.
|RELATIONSHIPS Who are the job holder’s most important contacts and for what purpose? Consider both external and internal contacts, excluding immediate supervisor and subordinates but including personnel at other Expro locations if appropriate.|
Internal – Employees at all levels.
External – HR personnel in other Companies to keep abreast of industry HR developments/issues.
|JOB CHALLENGES Identify the most complex or demanding aspects of the job.|
Implementation of Area HR System.
To plan, record and progress continuous improvement of HR performance.
To determine IT needs so link between Corporation/Region simplified.
|JOB KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Indicate only the essential background qualifications, education, skills AND aptitudes, specialist training and experience necessary to perform the job competently.|
The JobHolder requires a recognized professional qualification and may be degree qualified. A minimum of 5 year’s generalist experience working for an international company. JobHolder requires credibility at all levels and has excellent interpersonal, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
|Job Category||Feature description|
|Job Type||Feature description|
|Working Experience||5 years|
|Qualification||Membership of a Professional body will be an advantage|
© Creative Bibini Ltd, 2019 All Rights Reserved