As an Administration Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Fluid Analysis Centre staff.
(Describe the important end results of the job, i.e., what has to be achieved and why. Start with the most important and number each one separately))
Responsibility for the control of all official FAC communications through (i) maintaining an up to date client/supplier filing system at all times (ii) ensuring that aged files are archived annually for efficient retrieval as necessary and (iii) maintaining a complete archive of all issued reports and work files.
Co-ordinate incoming central communications. (received via FAX or phone) to ensure these are recorded and passed onto relevant FAC personnel. Respond to any ad-hoc queries or refer these onward to FAC staff where appropriate.
Printing, binding and distribution of laboratory reports and invoices to clients or other recipients.
Supervision of LPO’s and related audit procedures, purchase invoice reconciliation and cost allocations following guidelines outlined by the FLM and BDM: Fluids.
Organise and co-ordinate travel arrangements for laboratory staff as required.
Control and implement ordering of stationery, non-laboratory consumables, office furniture and canteen supplies for the FAC as necessary.
Supervision of outgoing invoices and the regular monitoring of aged debt. Assist FAC managers in recovering and minimising aged debt through contact with clients and regular liaison with staff responsible for invoice generation
Control of petty cash and supervision of monthly income generation report
(Record any significant quantities on which job has some effect, e.g. budget or turnover, records processed, employees supervised. Where appropriate, express annual figures and indicate the year to which they relate.
Providing general administration support to the Fluid Analysis Centre and monitoring income and expenditure.
Job Context and Main Activities:
(Outline the context in which the job operates and record the types of activity involved in achieving principal accountabilities:
· The principal accountabilities of the job are achieved through day-to-day support of FAC staff in their provision of advice and management of risks on behalf of the corporation.
· Formatting and issue of Client reports.
· Raise FAC Invoices and monitor income and status of aged debt.
· Liaise with Dyce accountants with regards to the payment supplier invoices related to FAC expenditure.
Decision making Authority/Level of Supervision Required:
There is limited decision-making involved in the job. Most tasks will be carried out unsupervised, although performance will be continually observed since the tasks are in support of any or all other members of the department.
(Who are the job holder’s most important contacts and for what purpose? Consider both external and internal contacts, excluding immediate supervisor and subordinates, but including personnel at other locations , if appropriate)
· A good working relationship with every other team member is important in this central role, but contact with other departments, senior management, customers and other external parties is also frequent.
· Central Accounts for Invoice payment, accounts receivable and aged debt.
(Identify the most complex or demanding aspects of the job)
· Prioritising workload to meet office demands.
· Maintaining systems to ensure rapid and effective issuing of FAC reports
· Integrate and become a valuable member of the team.
Job Knowledge and Experience:
(Indicate only the essential background qualifications, education, skills and aptitudes, specialist training and experience necessary to perform the job competently)
· General school education including English and Maths.
· Experience with MS Office applications and good keyboard skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment and communicate with people at all levels.
· Self motivated and keen to learn.
· Motivation, accuracy, discretion and helpfulness are critical to this position.
2 years’ experience
Membership of a Professional body will be an advantage